Welcome to Burdwood Surgery
The practice offers a wide range of services which you can read about below
It is important that we know if you are a carer so that we can make sure you receive information, services and the help that is available.
- Do you look after someone who is sick, disabled or elderly/frail?
- Would they struggle to live in their home without your help?
- Are they a parent, child, partner, relative, friend or neighbour?
- Are you – or is someone you know – providing much-needed care for a loved one?
- Are you unpaid and acting voluntarily?
- Are you juggling work alongside your caring role?
If so, you are a carer and we would like to support you.
We can provide you with up to date information on available support to make things easier.
We can put you in touch with the Reading & West Berkshire Carers Hub who support carers on a day to day basis in a huge variety of ways, personal to your circumstances.
As a carer you will be invited for an annual flu vaccination at the surgery.
As a carer your health and well being is very important and you will be invited for a health check (if you haven’t had one in the last five years).
Family Planning Clinic
The surgery offers a full family planning service during routine surgery. Pill checks, coil, contraceptive implants, diaphragm and cap fitting can be arranged through your doctor or family planning nurse. Emergency contraception can be obtained by seeing a doctor or the nurse practitioner.
We offer private driving medicals for HGVs, LGVs and the DVLA. We also offer fostering medicals and adoption medicals. These examinations are subjected to a fee, please enquire at reception for the costing.
The doctors undertake some minor surgical procedures. Please discuss any problems with one of the doctors.
Musculoskeletal Specialist First Contact Physiotherapy (FCP) Services
This is an assessment and advise service for those people registered with Burdwood Surgery who have a musculoskeletal problem such as:
- Back or neck pain- radiating arm and leg pain in absence of recent change in bowel, bladder and sexual function (Cauda Equina Syndrome).
- Sprains or strains- ankle and shoulder sprain, wrist sprain etc
- Sports injuries- hamstring, quadriceps, Achilles tendon or knee ligament injury
- Joint or muscle pain- shoulder, knee, hip, ankle, elbow, wrist
- Women’s Health Musculoskeletal conditions like – Pelvic girdle pain, Diastasis recti, Pregnancy related back pain
Find information about Musculoskeletal Specialist First Contact Physiotherapy (FCP) Services
NHS Health Checks
NHS Health Checks
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.