Vacancies at Burdwood Surgery
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Rate: £10.42 per hour
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 10am to 5:30pm.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Prescription Administrator to join our prescription team. The Prescription Administrator will help manage and process repeat prescription requests and deal with prescription queries from patients. They will also ensure only appropriate tasks are sent to the pharmacist or GPs and support the reception team in locating prescriptions.
The ideal candidate will need to be confident, accurate, methodical and efficient with excellent communication skills and resilience. The successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and have strong IT skills.
This job is very busy and requires flexibility, attention to detail and great customer service.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring patients’ repeat medication is processed and issued efficiently and safely and in line with the protocols that are already in place.
- Ensure that any queries raised are dealt with quickly and correctly.
- Act as a first point of communication between the clinicians, receptionists, patients and local chemists.
- Collect repeat prescription requests from the email, website, prescription box and reception.
- Liaise with patients and chemists regarding queries and requests.
- Ensure that patient queries on medication are highlighted to the relevant clinician.
- Regularly audit, record and remove uncollected prescriptions.
- Ensure patients who require medication reviews have appointments booked with the appropriate clinician.
Experience working as a Prescription Clerk, would be beneficial but not essential. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
The attached job description has full listing of what is required for the post of Prescription Administrator at Burdwood Surgery.
If you are interested in the role, please apply on Indeed.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.