Welcome to Burdwood Surgery
This website is for both existing patients and those considering registering with us. It tells you about our services, how to access them and some general information about how our practice operates.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. At the Burdwood Surgery, we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our patient participation group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction. Please click here for further information about our Patient Participation Group.
Easter 2018 Surgery & Pharmacy Opening Hours
Please click here for the Burdwood Surgery opening hours
- Patients should ensure that they have sufficient medication to cover them over the holiday period and ensure that any request for repeat prescriptions are ideally made by Tuesday 27 March.
- Appointments are available through our out-of-hours service over the Easter weekend.
- Patients who may require an appointment during this time should contact NHS 111
Please click here for the Pharmacy opening hours (Please see pg.5 for Newbury & Thatcham pharmacies)
Important Notice regarding BLOOD TESTS
Unfortunately we are currently very short of blood test appointments
We are asking patients to attend the BLOOD TEST / PHLEBOTOMY SERVICE at WEST BERKSHIRE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL - YOU MUST TAKE YOUR BLOOD FORM WITH YOU.
West Berkshire Community Hospital - Appointment system
To book an appointment, please contact the phlebotomy department:
If URGENT BLOODS have been requested by your GP, this will be noted on your blood form. You can then go directly to the hospital and they will do them there and then (no appointment required)…
Royal Berkshire Hospital – No appointment necessary
Any questions, please contact the RBH phlebotomy department:
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your patience.
Difficulty with getting an appointment? February 2018
You may have found it harder to get an appointment recently and this is multi-factorial. In no particular order these things have had an impact:
- There has been unprecedented demand this winter which has been hard.
- Dr Morgan was on reduced hours for January.
- We have had several staff pregnancies - One GP went on Maternity leave in September 2017, one at the end of January 2018, one is going on Maternity leave in March and another GP at the end of April.
- There has been a higher level of sickness in both patients and staff.
- Recruitment of GP Locums has been challenging but we are almost there.
- Training new GP Locums who have joined the Practice, takes some time for them to settle in.
- Changes in the Nursing team have had an impact in reduced appointments which has had a knock on effect with all appointments.
- We have recruited a new Nurse Lead who starts with us in April and we are looking at recruiting a new Healthcare Assistant too.
So all in all, it has been harder but we are working on it and please bear with us as we are very close to resolving most of the issues.
If you wish to raise a particular issue; you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamal Bahia, Practice Manager
The Practice Newsletter
Burdwood Surgery PPG Newsletter (3) NOVEMBER 2017
Burdwood Surgery PPG Newsletter (2) SEPTEMBER 2017 (30th Anniversary edition)
Burdwood Surgery PPG Newsletter (1) JUNE 2017
If you would like to be added onto our electronic subscribers list, please complete your details by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
Documents to download
Burdwood Surgery - A Guide to our Services 2018
(Site updated 29/03/2018)